Thanks to Leslie Knope, play by Amy Poehler in the hilariously strange Parks & Recreation show, we have a holiday to celebrate the best girlfriends in your life. Galentine’s Day is typically the day before Valentine’s Day so February 13.
*this post contains affiliate links.
Here are 10 Ways to Celebrate your Besties no matter the day:
1) Bring a brunch picnic to the Saturday morning sports.
2) Grab a quick tapas or appetizer after work. (You may even get home in time to tuck the kids in if you want.)
3) Do a Wine & Paint or Board & Brush night.
4) Get on Skype/Facetime and watch This Is Us together. #crockpotisinnocent
5) Walk and talk. Meet at the local track or best hiking trail and get in those steps!
6) Spend a Saturday afternoon batch cooking together. It’ll make both of your weeks easier.
7) Volunteer together for an event. Selling brownies at the bake sale, coordinating church coffee hour, or a shift at the soup kitchen is a lot of fun with friends.
8) Trying recording a podcast or YouTube video together. Who knows? You could strike gold!
9) Go on that weekend getaway to a spa. Sleep in or stay up late, your choice!
10) Do a staycation day. Visit the local historical society museum or outlets you’ve always been curious about. Even if it’s a dud, you’ll have some laughs.
If your best friend is far away and you can’t get together, try sending them a gift basket or little memento:
What do you do to spend quality time with your BFF? Is your bestie far away or next door? Let me know in the comments below!